Table of Contents
To support Home & Garden Authority, we earn a commission if you purchase by clicking a link listed below at no additional cost to you. This doesn’t influence or sway our opinions in any way. We believe in complete transparency so you can make the most informed choices. Read more here.
Best Time To Buy A Lawn Mower in 2018 (riding included)
Editor’s Note: The best time to buy a lawn mower (or riding lawn mower) is a difficult question to answer. Why? Buying a lawn mower now means risking an opportunity to snag a deal or sale in the near-future. Wait until out-of-season and you’ll have a severely limited stock to choose from (even if there is a good discount). The best time to buy a lawn mower in 2018 is… NOW! Buying a lawn mower when you need one is the best time to buy one. Sure, waiting a lengthy period of time to have a small chance of snagging a deal that saves you a few extra dollars might be worth it to some. For most people? It’s not only NOT worth it, it’s just not practical (in our experience). Our favorite place to buy a lawn mower in 2018 is Amazon. More specifically, Amazon Warehouse Deals. Used and like–new lawn mowers are on Amazon Warehouse all the time. Click to find out if Amazon Warehouse has the lawn mower you’re looking for in 2018.
When Is The Best Time Of The Year To Buy A Lawn Mower?
Finding the best time to buy a lawn mower can be really confusing. Do you wait for end-of-season sales and hope for a good deal? Maybe, but what if you need a lawn mower now? Are you out of luck?
The good news is… not really. Finding the best time to buy a lawn mower doesn’t always make practical sense. Why? Because if you need a lawn mower now, you’re not waiting 3-4 months. You’re buying one today – even if you miss out on a $20 discount later in the season.
The bottom line? The best time to buy a lawn mower in 2018 depends on:
- How long you’re willing to wait for a deal
- When do you need a new lawn mower? Is your existing lawn mower broken?
- How budget-constrained are you?
The answer to these 3 questions determines when the best time to a buy a lawn mower is.
The 3 Best Situations To Buy A Lawn Mower Are:
- You need a lawn mower immediately – If you need a lawn mower immediately, the best time to buy one is right now. Go to Amazon Warehouse (or Amazon’s Lawn Mower section here), and look at the best lawn mower for your situation. Our favorite? Greenworks PRO 21-Inch 80V Cordless Lawn Mower
- You need a lawn mower now, but can wait a little – If you can wait a few months, wait until Memorial Day. This is usually the time prices are at their lowest for lawn mowers until end of season (early September). Most retail stores have good deals (if they have the model you want in stock). Otherwise, we strongly recommend finding your specific model on Amazon (here) or Amazon Warehouse Deals.
- You don’t need a lawn mower immediately, and plan on waiting to find the absolute best deal – You might have a lawn mower, but just might not need one until the next season. Our favorite time to buy one in this scenario is Memorial Day or Labor Day. Both holidays have an equal chance of snagging a ridiculously good deal on a lawn mower. As we mentioned earlier, the best place (in our experience) to buy a lawn mower with a high chance of a good discount is Amazon or Amazon Warehouse Deals.
When Is The Best Time To Buy A Riding Lawn Mower?
Like regular lawn mowers, riding lawn mowers aren’t all that much different. Why? Because they’re beholden to the same laws of supply and demand.
Not in high demand? Prices are lower (after September & before Memorial Day).
In high demand? Prices are higher (think between Memorial – Labor Day).
The best time to buy a riding lawn mower is when you need one. As we mentioned earlier=
All 3 holidays mentioned above are the best times to buy a riding lawn mower with our favorite place to buy one being Amazon Warehouse Deals.
The 3 Best Times To Buy A Lawn Mower Are:
- If you need a riding lawn mower asap, just buy one! Amazon Warehouse Deals is our favorite place to get the best price possible (even compared to in-store) on the model you want.
- Need a riding lawn mower now, but can afford to wait a little? Buy one during Memorial Day sales late-May. This is the best time to buy one in 2018 outside of Labor Day and Black Friday.
- Can afford waiting to replace your existing riding lawn mower? Perfect – wait until:
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day
- Black Friday