Table of Contents
- 1 5 Best Hybrid Gas And Charcoal Grill Combos For 2018
To support Home & Garden Authority, we earn a commission if you purchase by clicking a link listed below at no additional cost to you. This doesn’t influence or sway our opinions in any way. We believe in complete transparency so you can make the most informed choices. Read more here.
Editor’s Note: Char-Griller, Char-Broil, and Weber all have a hand in dominating the best grills under $200. Our top pick? The Char-Griller 3001. It does so much right for a grill priced under $200. Need portability? Consider the Weber Q1200, or a much cheaper alternative; Coleman Road Trip Grill LXE.
5 Best Hybrid Gas And Charcoal Grill Combos For 2018
Like most yin and yang’s in life, gas and charcoal grills are two competing brothers vying for the ultimate trophy. The best grill type in all scenarios. Die-hards cheer for charcoal grilling. They note unparalleled flavors “imitation” gas grills never seem to re-create. Gas grill fans? They disagree. Convenience reigns supreme.
Some days are lazy – we all have them. Slug out to your backyard on a cool summer morning, fire up the grill and throw on some burgers. No time wasted. Is flavor sacrificed? Of course. But what you lose in flavor you gain in tremendous convenience. Hassle & clean up? Kept to a bare minimum.
Enter the Gas & Charcoal Combo Grill. The theory? Combo grills take the best elements from gas & charcoal grills and combine them in one grill. Having both options in one grill allows for, either a lazy day or flavorful day. Reality is always a little different.
The good news? We picked the absolute 5 best gas and charcoal grills on the market. They’re the best-of-the-best. We covered every preference & price range. From our editor’s pick to our best feature-rich option – all the way down to our favorite ultra-value option. All with one goal. To help you make the best possible choice before buying your next gas & charcoal combo grill.
Our promise? By the end of our review, you’ll know exactly which gas & charcoal grill to buy.
Continue below for a full pros & cons breakdown of all 5 combo grills.
1. Best Overall Gas And Charcoal Hybrid Grill Combo
Oklahoma Joe's Charcoal/LP Gas/Smoker Combo
Weight: 125 lbs | BTU’s: 36,000 | Construction: Heavy-Gauge Stainless Steel | Total Cooking Area: 1,060 Sq. In.
- 3-in-1 Gas/Charcoal/Smoker Combo
- Heavy-Gauge Steel Construction
- Porcelain coated cast-iron grill grates
- 3 x 12,000 BTU Burners (36,000 BTU’s total) in Gas Grilling Chamber
- 12,000 BTU Side Burner (accommodates charcoal chimney starter’s like this one)
- 1,060 Sq. In. Total Cooking Area
- 3 Professional Temperature Gauges
2. Best Beginner Gas And Charcoal Hybrid Grill Combo
Durable Outdoor Barbecue & Burger Gas/Charcoal Grill Combo
Weight: 90 lbs | BTU’s: 24,000 | Construction: Durable Enamel Coated Metal | Total Cooking Area: 557 Sq. In.
- Features 557 sq in total cooking surface (262 sq in charcoal and 295 sq in gas)
- 188 sq in total warming rack space (89 sq in charcoal and 99 sq in gas)
- 3 stainless steel tube burners offering a total of 24,000 BTUs
- 12,000 BTU stainless steel side burner with cover
- Assembled dimensions: 64″L x 28″W x 49.75″H
3. Best Gas And Charcoal Hybrid Grill Combo
Char-Broil Gas2Coal 3-Burner Liquid Propane and Charcoal Hybrid Grill
Weight: 110 lbs | BTU’s: 42,000 | Construction: Stainless Steel | Total Cooking Area: 520 Sq. In.
- Quickly and easily converts from a gas grill to charcoal grill without tools.
- Enjoy the speed and convenience of grilling with gas. Get the signature flavors of cooking over charcoal. Do both on one grill.
- 540 square inch total cooking area- 420 square inch primary cooking area and 120 square inch warming rack.
- Durable stainless steel burners provide longevity and porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grates are easy to clean.
- 40,000-BTU’s spread across three main burners and one 12,000-BTU side burner.
Verdict: CharBroil has been making high-quality grills since 1948. It’s no wonder they are a favorite and the best mid-level gas & charcoal grill. The Gas2Coal hybrid grill is simple to use. In under 60 seconds, you can convert this grill from propane to charcoal. What’s great? You don’t even need tools. Simply lift the grates, add the charcoal tray & charcoal as instructed, and light it up! A simple push of the electronic ignitor and you have combined convenience and flavor. Essentially eliminating the need for lighter fluid.
4. Gas And Charcoal Hybrid Grill Combo With A Smoker
Trio Gas/Charcoal/Smoker Grill Combo
Weight: 168 lbs | BTU’s: 36,000 | Construction: Steel | Total Cooking Area: 1,260 Sq. In.
- Electronic ignition w/ igniter probe
- Utensil hooks Stay-Cool hood handles Condiment basket Easy-dump ash pan Adjustable fire/charcoal grate on charcoal side Side firebox adaptable for use as barbecue smoker
- Lower storage shelf Side burner doubles as charcoal starter Side firebox doubles as a 14 x 14 inch grill Towel bar 8-inch wheels for easy mobility
- Primary cooking surface: 876 sq. inches Total cooking area: 1,260 sq. inches
- Burger Count 54
- Best Grill Cover Option: Char-Griller 8080 Grill Cover, Fits Duo 5050 Gas-and-Charcoal Grill
5. Best Gas And Charcoal Hybrid Grill Combo With Smoker
Smoke Hollow TC3718SB Gas-Charcoal-Smoker Combination Grill with Side Burner
Weight: 160 lbs | BTU’s: 40,000 | Construction: Steel | Total Cooking Area: 858 Sq. In. | Reviews: 3+ Verified Reviews
- 30,000 BTU 3-burner gas grill 10,000 BTU side burner
- Porcelain-coated cooking grids, chrome-plated warming racks
- Adjustable charcoal basket and ash pan
- 858 sq. In. Total cooking area
- Front basket for condiments and tools, wire bottom shelf for additional storage
- Best Cover: Smoke Hollow GC7000 Grill Cover